Cory Chartrand has been a Turlock resident and practicing law in the Central Valley for over 20 years. Cory obtained his law degree from the University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law in Sacramento and is admitted to the California State Bar and to practice in the California Federal Courts. Cory has had numerous jury and court trials throughout the state and participated in hundreds of mediations and arbitrations. He has obtained millions of dollars for his clients over the years. Cory has also argued numerous appeals in the California Courts of Appeal, resulting in published appellate opinions. Cory also teaches business law for the University of Phoenix Sacramento Valley Campus and enjoys coaching the Turlock High School Mock Trial team.
- Triebsch & Frampton, APC Turlock, CA, 2001 – Present
General civil litigation, including Personal Injury, Real Estate and Employment litigation and jury trials. In addition to trials, participation in over one hundred contractual mediation and arbitration.
- Litigation Attorney – Thayer, Harvey & Gregerson, Modesto, CA, 1993 – 2000
Insurance defense and insurance coverage litigation. Practice areas included government tort immunity; insurance bad faith; fire subrogation; employment and personal injury litigation. Conducted hundreds of depositions and arbitration and numerous jury trials. Extensive experience drafting summary judgment motions, writ petitions and appellate briefs.
- Arbitrator – Stanislaus County Judicial Arbitration Panel, 1999 – present
- Faculty – University of Phoenix,Sacramento and Bay Area Campus, 2011 – present
- University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, Sacramento, CA, Juris Doctor, 1993
- 1992 Jessup International Moot Court Competition Team.
- 1992-93 International Moot Court Honors Board.
- 1991 University of Salzburg, Austria Institute on International Legal Studies
- Brigham Young University, Provo, UT, Bachelor of Arts 1990; Major: International Relations
- Minor: German
- Admitted to California State Bar 1993
- U.S.D.C. Eastern District of California 1993
- U.S.D.C. Northern District of California 1994
- U.S.D.C. Central District of California 1998
REPORTED CASES AND APPELLATE OPINIONS
- Lange v. Schilling (2008) 163 Cal.App. 4th 1412
- Brawley v. J.C. Interiors (2008) 161 Cal.App. 4th 1126
- Silva v. Stockton Further Processing 2003 WL 550152; 2003 Cal.App.unpub Lexis 1875
- Lange v. Schilling (2010)) 2010 Cal.App. unpub Lexis 9164
- Harris v. Gregory (2011) 2011 Cal.App unpub Lexis 328
- FDIC v. Varrasso 2012 U.S. Dist. Lexis 7514
- 2012 U.S. Dist. Lexis 50443
- 2013 U.S. Dist. Lexis 143448
“Summary Judgment and Horrace Mann Insurance Company v. Barbara B.: A Catch-22 for Insurers,” Humphreys College School of Law, Law Comments, 6 Hum. L.C. 1 (1996).
“Propositions 30 & 31: Bring Back the 1980’s,” Stanislaus County Bar Association Publication, Non Sequitur, February 2000
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY AFFILIATIONS
- Stanislaus County Bar Association
- Member, Modesto Symphony Orchestra Chorus
- Attorney Coach, Turlock High School Mock Trial Team
Fluent in German. Interests include music, backpacking, river rafting, history and reading.
CA State Bar website